Monday, December 3, 2012

Mom Goals

I've heard people talk about how annoying it is to read others' blogs because they are all so happy and fake, almost as if they are writing them to brag about how great their lives are. I don't feel that way at all. Writing about the positives in life is just a way to be grateful for all the blessings we have. I love hearing how other people are doing and the many joys in their lives. I especially like to hear about other people's perfect little children. It makes me miss when Swen was tiny but also look forward to all the fun stages that are to come. So it isn't annoyance I'm feeling, more of a lack of "mom" skills. I have tried a few of these things with support from others, but never on my own. Here are four goals that I really want to accomplish all by myself sometime soon.

1. Make Homemade bread- I would love to have this! I have actually made bread before with some help; it was really hard. I eat bread for all three meals of the day (don't judge me). I love any kind of bread there is. I swear in every blog I read, the writer makes her own yummy bread. Every time I read about a new loaf of bread, I want some so badly. I keep thinking I will try and make some bread, but I never get brave enough to try.

2. Sew Something- I get on Pintrest and pin all these cute ideas of things I want to make. There are SO many cute things out there, and they don't look too hard. Look at this skirt. It is made from a men's dress shirt. Does it get any cuter?
 I think it is so adorable, and I want to make it. I really think I can do it.

3. Cook Good Food- My goal is to not ruin a dinner for an entire week. This goal may sound easy. It's not. I ruin food all the time. Matt says he is throwing my crock pot away because everything I make in it is gross. I find recipes that look so good. Then they are gross. To achieve this goal, I will probably make the two things I know are good over and over.

4. Read Scriptures to Swen- I swear everyone I know does some amazing scripture/prayer/song session with her babies every day. This is a good habit. I can read him a verse, pray with him, and then sing to him. I know he is little now, but I think it would great to get into the habit early.

While I may not be the typical "crafty, cooky, mom," I am very proud of myself because Swen is a healthy, happy, growing little angel. He...

Has tripled his weight in 6 months from breastfeeding exclusively.
Can talk and tell amazing stories.
Is able to roll over anywhere he wants.
Has yet to get sick even once.
Doesn't scream in his car seat anymore.
Falls asleep in his car seat or stroller quite often.
Has grown 4 teeth!
Smiles at everyone.
Doesn't like any baby food (video to follow).
Loves being held during his naps in the rocking chair.
Grabs everything he can. He even stole a nice tie from Sears for my brother who is on a mission.
Can sit up for quite a while before falling down.
Loves taking showers and baths.

Swen is the greatest blessing I've ever received. I truly didn't know how amazing life could be or how much I could possibly love someone until now. I am so grateful for him in every way. Here he is!







No comments:

Post a Comment