Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas 2012

I keep thinking that I need to write a blog for Swen's first Christmas. The problem is it would be a blog that never ended. I will try to sum it up fast. We started off with our first little family Christmas. For Matt not liking Christmas very much, he was sure excited to run Swen out to the tree so he could open the little presents we got for him. We then had Christmas with my family in the day and Matt's family at night. Overall, it was a wonderful day. All three of us got way too many amazing gifts from our families. Swen, of course, liked the wrapping paper the best. I didn't know I could love Christmas any more than I had in the past. But sure enough, a Christmas with Swen made it a million times better.

This year, it seemed I was always on the verge of tears thinking about how grateful I am for all my blessings. I hate to write a blog where I brag and say how perfect my life is. It is definitely not perfect. I am often tired which leads to grumpy. I am impatient which sometimes leads to rude. I get overwhelmed (a direct result of lack of sleep) which leads to guilt because I'm home all day with a dirty house and dirty laundry and no food cooked for dinner. Yet, overall I am happier than I have ever been in my life for all the simple things: a healthy baby; Matt's good job; families who love us; and most importantly, the knowledge of the gospel.

Constantly going through my mind this season is how grateful I am for our Savior. He made it possible for us to be with our families for eternity.

Here's the usual picture overload!










No comments:

Post a Comment