Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween at 5 Months Old

Will Swen remember his very first Halloween ever? Of course not. Will I? I sure hope so. I hear that as time goes by and more kids are born, holidays all seem to blend together. I would like to think that I will never forget Swen's first Halloween, but just in case, I will write about it.

Matt made up the nickname of  "little monster" for Swen quite a while ago. I can't quite pin down exactly when this name started, but my guess is it stems from Swen's screaming in the car seat, waking up in the middle of the night ready to play, wanting to be held constantly. Or maybe it's just because monsters are adorable and perfect just like Swen is.

I hadn't thought much about what I wanted him to be for Halloween, but it was October, so it was somewhere in the back of my mind. When we were on one of our mall outings, I happened to see this adorable little green monster outfit. I got so excited and showed it to Swen. I could tell he loved it right away. That is how he became the cutest, green monster ever for Halloween.

The Friday before Halloween was our church's Trunk-or-Treat. Matt and my dad were both working (like they do most nights), so my mom and I took my little brother Seth and Swen. There were a lot of cute costumes there, but I think Swen won. He only wore his costume for a little bit because it was too hot.
Look at his little tail!

My mom with Swen. He loved feeling his orange fur.
Then came Halloween night. Even though Matt really doesn't like celebrating any holidays, he was able to switch someone shifts at work so he could be with Swen for his first Halloween! There was a trick-or-treat at the mall near by, so we went there with Matt's parents, my mom, and my little brother Seth. We win the "worst parents" award because we didn't dress up. Matt would never consider it, but maybe next year I will do something fun with Swen. Swen had so much fun that he crashed within five minutes.




Swen with Matt's Parents


And he's out!


Not only did he sleep at the mall, but he slept rather well (for Swen) that night. I will be sad for him to not wear these jammies again. I love them!
After the mall we all went to get some delicious Cafe Rio. I planned on taking Swen to a couple doors to Trick-or-Treat, but he was so tired so we just came home and went to bed. I have always love Halloween, but it is SO much more fun with a little baby. I am excited for when he actually knows about the free candy.

And to change the subject of the blog... Swen is 5 months old (plus one week)! He is SO much fun. I love being with him all the time. I wouldn't change a thing. I think he gets cuter every day. I always think I'm biased, but guess what some lady just said to me today in line at the store? "Oh my, he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Really he is. I'm not just saying that. He is SO beautiful!" Of course I agree. Here are some pictures of him. Also, I am SO excited for then next two months. I love the holiday season.

This is his "please don't put me in the car seat" face.



Haha, his hands alwas get stuck down by his legs. He doesn't mind.



The best part about Fall... hats! He's not too sure about them yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment