Sunday, September 2, 2012

Swen... and Life

These last few weeks have been a time of several new things, along with lots of old great things still going on. Let's start with one of the new and very exciting things first. I've been cooking! That's right, me cooking is something very new. There are several reasons why I don't cook: I'm not good at it, I'm picky, it never tastes good, leftovers are worse than the already bad food I ate the first night, and I can never figure out what to make.  Because of this long list of things, Matt and I go out to eat way too much, and when we don't go out, we have the college diet of Top Ramen and Mac and Cheese.

As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I am blessed to be a stay-at-home mom. It is the best thing I've ever done in my life. Saying I love it is an understatement. With this wonderful blessing comes a lot less money. Going out to eat costs money, so we aren't going out, and that means someone has to cook. Matt would cook if he wasn't working and going to school all day long, but he is, so that leaves it all up to me. So far I've cooked tacos, stroganoff, grilled chicken, enchiladas, hamburgers, and cake. Surprisingly, they all turned out edible! I'm really proud of myself, and I hope to be able to find more things to try because those things will get boring super fast. Feel free to share any easy recipes for me! Also, any advice on budgeting would be awesome. I'm not good at it already.

Matt is back going to school at the University of Utah. To put it mildly, Matt isn't the biggest fan of school. He has many reasons, such as school is "overrated" or "pointless" and "not worth it because people can make good money with out a degree." However, somewhere deep down he knows that he needs to go. That reminds me of another common phrase I hear in the same sentence as school, "never ending." That is where he is wrong. As we were looking over his audit report, we found out that he only has two semesters left after this one. Hooray! Swen and I miss having him around, but we are glad he's there and even more glad that he is almost done!

Now with some old things. Swen is still adorable as ever! I can't believe it but he gets cuter every day. He giggles, smiles, laughs, and cries of course. He is still sleeping in our bed. Actually it is no longer our bed. It is now my bed. Don't worry, Matt and I are still happily married (most of the time!:) ) but Matt is so busy and needs sleep. It is hard for him to sleep well with Swen and me in a queen bed, so he's been sleeping out on the couch. I thought this would be a short term thing, but he is still out there 3  months since it all started. We keep thinking maybe we should try putting Swen in his crib, but we always think of tons of reasons why we shouldn't. First, his sleep schedule is finally becoming bearable, so we don't want to mess it up. More importantly, I really really love having him in bed with me. I love snuggling with him all night long. I also love that he doesn't have to cry loud before I wake up to feed him. Most times I wake up when he starts ferociously eating his hand, so he doesn't even have to cry. Matt really wants to be able to sleep in bed with us too and snuggle with Swen all night, so we are hoping to buy a king bed sometime soon with all the extra money we having sitting around.

Some things Swen loves are
- Rocking in the rocking chair
- Walking around the house
- Nursing... all the time :) good thing I love it too!
- Napping on people (oh darn, I have to stop everything and snuggle him during his naps)
- Taking baths
- Being read to (he really does love it already!)
- Watching Baby Einstein movies
- People shaking rattles and keys for him ( he still can't hold them on his own-soon hopefully)
- Getting his diaper changed

Now the longer list of things he does NOT love:
- His car seat (really he screams as if someone is torturing him every time he's in it)
- Loud noises that scare him
- Being switched from person to person
- Being put down  or sleeping by himself except at night
- The grocery store, mall, restaurants, the bank, friends' houses. Let's just say leaving our house in general is high on the list of things he doesn't like.
- People moving when he's napping on them
- Having a messy diaper
- Pacifiers (probably because I am crazy and I hate them, so I don't give him one except in the car when he's screaming, but then he screams louder and spits it out. PLEASE don't think I'm judging anyone who uses them. I'm just crazy and weird.)
- Being away from me for too long (the question Swen hears all the time is "Do you just want your mommy?" He will let others hold him for a little bit, but then he wants me back, and of course I love him so much and we are so connected. I swear that right when I start to miss him, he starts to cry and I get to take him back.
- Having a stuffy nose


Being his Mommy is the most amazing thing in the world. He's my best friend, and I love being with him all the time. Look at him; can you blame me?


 Fat Swen


 Poor Kitty... she was replaced.




 Cutest baby ever


Funny Video







No comments:

Post a Comment